windshield trim

How do I remove the Windshield trim... I would like to paint it but do not want to tape up my jeep and risk over spray. (I am still overly protective of the paint job i got last year)

Thanks

You should still mask off the paint around the trim to prevent any damage , ie: scratches , while removing the trim :brows: . And double tape for extra safety ;) . Some clips are a pain .

Slightly on topic , I wonder how hard it would be to convert to the new style XJ rubber moulding . I know I saw it in someones build somewhere , but not the process . Probably just a matter of trimming the tabs for the old clips . Thought I'd throw it out there if your not stuck on OEM .

How do I remove the Windshield trim... I would like to paint it but do not want to tape up my jeep and risk over spray. (I am still overly protective of the paint job i got last year)

Thanks

You should still mask off the paint around the trim to prevent any damage , ie: scratches , while removing the trim :brows: . And double tape for extra safety ;) . Some clips are a pain .

Slightly on topic , I wonder how hard it would be to convert to the new style XJ rubber moulding . I know I saw it in someones build somewhere , but not the process . Probably just a matter of trimming the tabs for the old clips . Thought I'd throw it out there if your not stuck on OEM .

This is my plan when I replace my windshield.