Fuel system problems

After replacing the distributor on my mj, my fuel pump went out. I replaced that, now it seems like I can't get any fuel to the motor. I have another fuel filter that is going on after it dries up out side. But I wonderin if there is a common problem with comanches after replacing the fuel pump? One of my friends keeps saying I need to prime the lines, I thought it was a bad connection that's keeping the pump from working. But the pump is humming so it must be working.

Thanks

-Ian

Did the pump have a factory plug on it still or did you have to wire it to the sender assembly? Also how much fuel is in the tank now? In my experiance ive never had to prime a new pump but ive not seen it all I'm sure, but i would make sure to have at least half a tank in it or so to help the pump prime itself. Just a thought did you run a fuel sock on the end of the pump? If not i know some pumps come with little plugs on the end of the pickup to keep garbage out while sitting on the shelf and shipping and whatnot. Is it possible that you didn't remove the plug before you stuck it in? Good luck oh almost forgot. go head and cycle the key very quickly with a catch can or something under where the fuel filter goes and see if you get flow up the the filter fittings. Be carefull not to spray fuel everywhere though. :wrench:

I put 3 faulty aftermarket fuel pumps in my mj before I gave up and bought a dealer pump. then it ran great for months.... then all the sudden it died again and like you said no fuel but you can still hear the pump it turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail.... pull the vaccume line off there should be no fuel in the vacumme line if there is then the regulator is bad... Good luck hope this helps :cheers: