88 Transfer Case shift linkage

Ok so I got a 88 Manche with a 4.0 and a BA10. I had the tranny rebuilt last fall and I went to engage the 4wd and it didn't go into it. I get under it and look and the linkage for the transfer case the bolt where it comes out of the cab and attaches to the tranny is gone. I need to replace this bolt but need to need to know the size. Any help would be appreciated. This is what I get from someone else to work on my stuff....

I'd suggest going to the JY and just getting the whole thing from an XJ.

don't think the tranny matters, but make sure the linkage is from your same TC IE:231 or 242.

AFAIK the only difference is the length of the pushrod that runs from the shift lever to the transfer case. The main linkage attaches to the floor of the cab, so that stays the same.

Well I will go out to u pull it tomorrow and see. They had multiple XJs. They had one MJ that I got some stuff off of but it was a 2wd.

I believe the linkage is fine just need the bolt as the tard that put my tranny back in didn't tighten it.

The transfer case shifter linkages between the XJ and MJ are the same. The only difference is between the AW4 and AX5/15. The difference is the bracket that bolts up to the transmission and the length of the rod (the AW4 one being about 1.5" longer).

If it's just a bolt, can't you take a pic of it?

Heck if it's just a bolt, somebody probably got one laying around.

probably let you have it for cheap or free +shipping.

can't know unless we know which one it actually is.