Need help with a few things, 86/87 mj.

I have a few things I'd like to do with my truck, but could use some help planning before I jump into it. The truck is an 86 mj with a renix 4.0/ba10 installed, 4wd.

I have a non a/c truck, and I'd like to move the alternator up to where the a/c compressor would be. Is this something that is commonly done? Any write-ups?

I also want to put in a new set of injectors, what brand is popular for replacement?

My last issue is a very random high-idle situation. It's not a sticky throttle cable as the tb physically returns to idle, but the engine still idles high. Like I said, it's very random, anywhere from 1200-2800rpm, 15 seconds to over a minute. Any bright ideas on what to look at first?

Thanks for the help,

Matt

I have a few things I'd like to do with my truck, but could use some help planning before I jump into it. The truck is an 86 mj with a renix 4.0/ba10 installed, 4wd.

I have a non a/c truck, and I'd like to move the alternator up to where the a/c compressor would be. Is this something that is commonly done? Any write-ups?

I also want to put in a new set of injectors, what brand is popular for replacement?

My last issue is a very random high-idle situation. It's not a sticky throttle cable as the tb physically returns to idle, but the engine still idles high. Like I said, it's very random, anywhere from 1200-2800rpm, 15 seconds to over a minute. Any bright ideas on what to look at first?

Thanks for the help,

Matt

703 injectors are a popular upgrade/replacement. You can get them any where from 50 to 80 bucks shipped used. Just clean them replace the o rings and your good to go. Thats all I can help with tho sorry

Brandon

Must be a really late '86 MJ for the 4.0L or someone fought to fit that in there when they did the swap.

Since the other two questions were answered, the high idle...Check for a vacuum leak. If you can't find any vacuum leaks, it could be the IAC (Idle Air Control) motor going bad. The best way to check for vacuum leaks is to use a can of carb cleaner and spray around the gaskets (start at the intake manifold gasket, also spray all the connections on the intake manifold). If the engine revs, that's where the leak is.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I just couldn't find anything when searching.

Must be a really late '86 MJ for the 4.0L or someone fought to fit that in there when they did the swap.

Since the other two questions were answered, the high idle...Check for a vacuum leak. If you can't find any vacuum leaks, it could be the IAC (Idle Air Control) motor going bad. The best way to check for vacuum leaks is to use a can of carb cleaner and spray around the gaskets (start at the intake manifold gasket, also spray all the connections on the intake manifold). If the engine revs, that's where the leak is.

Sorry I should have specified, it's a 4.0 swap.

I was thinking the IAC was a likely culprit. Vacuum is very steady as it is.

As for injectors I think I'm sold on the precision flow set.