what's the correct fluid for the ba10/5

hello all again. I'm changing my fluids and from the chiltons manual it looks like I have a pukegoat tranny. It states 75-90 gear oil. when I pulled the plug at the bottom rear/not the side of the tranny it was real thin, didn't drain out like 90w lube and was a grey/silver color. So does anyone know what it takes?

Frank C

Are the guys at NAPA wrong? They told me that pure mineral gear lube 90W is the same as the AP type gear lube 90W. I buy a gallon of it for $8 and chanage and put it in. I try it out and It makes all kinds of noises. So I dumped it. I'm gonna refill it again with the AP type to see what's up. I went to another auto parts store and they tell me its used in tractors. :roll: I would like to know so I can go there and tell them they don't know there gear lubes and tell them to give me a refund or another jug of AP lube.

Are the guys at NAPA wrong? They told me that pure mineral gear lube 90W is the same as the AP type gear lube 90W. I buy a gallon of it for $8 and chanage and put it in. I try it out and It makes all kinds of noises. So I dumped it. I'm gonna refill it again with the AP type to see what's up. I went to another auto parts store and they tell me its used in tractors. :roll: I would like to know so I can go there and tell them they don't know there gear lubes and tell them to give me a refund or another jug of AP lube.

They goofed. Gear oil has extreme pressure additives. Mineral oil does not.