Jeep 1991-2 Eliminator Stickers

jeepdoggydogB

I hear babies cry because they are afraid of change too. You only live once!

Loose the swoosh!

Rob :D

Figured that would shut Rob up. :cheers:

Anyhow, I found a NOS set of 91-92 Long Bed Eliminator decals for about the same price as Spencer's repos; will be here in a few days. In the meantime I'll puzzle out how to "Loose the swoosh!" w/o the need for a repaint. Suggestions welcome. :yes:

I hear babies cry because they are afraid of change too. You only live once!

Loose the swoosh!

Rob :D

Figured that would shut Rob up. :cheers:

Anyhow, I found a NOS set of 91-92 Long Bed Eliminator decals for about the same price as Spencer's repos; will be here in a few days. In the meantime I'll puzzle out how to "Loose the swoosh!" w/o the need for a repaint. Suggestions welcome. :yes:

How the hell do you fall into all this stuff all the time? NOS LWB Eliminator decals? You hiding stuff from me?

What are we not bro's anymore?

Rob :dunno:

Course were still bros Rob. :thumbsup: It's just a matter of cultivating choice parts guys and having a clue of where all the belly-up JeeP dealerships purged their old NOS parts. I just get lucky sometimes, maybe 10% of the time, but it's getting more and more difficult. Like the Elim decals for the LWB were available, as there were very few 91-92 LWB Elims produced, but there are none to find for the SWB. :dunno:

Don,

'back in the day' a friend of mine would buy Jeep dealers out of their old AMC parts.

There were plenty of old decal sets to be had (mostly 1/2 sets, where the other half had been used for a body repair 10-20 years prior),

but I was told old decals would dry out over time, and be worthless (decal would crack, refuse to release the backing, etc).

I never bothered to 'test' the theory, so it could be an old wives tale,

but I believed it at the time.

Maybe one of the body guys can weigh in on this, but just a heads up from what I have always heard.

Well, it's irrelevant now Jim. I screwed up and ordered NOS 91-92 PIONEER decals, not Eliminator. Caught it this morning and was able to cancel the order. Should have known it was too good to be true. :doh:

If anyone needs NOS Pioneer decals for a 91-92 LWB, let me know via PM and I'll send you the source info. $75/side. Perfect condition too.

Well, it's irrelevant now Jim. I screwed up and ordered NOS 91-92 PIONEER decals, not Eliminator. Caught it this morning and was able to cancel the order. Should have known it was too good to be true. :doh:

If anyone needs NOS Pioneer decals for a 91-92 LWB, let me know via PM and I'll send you the source info. $75/side. Perfect condition too.

This is tempting Don... I have long been a fan of the HO Pioneer decals...

Rob :drool:

Yeah, these are the last Pioneer decals around for the HO LWB Rob. I'll shoot you the info if you want.

"As of 4/23/91 the "PIONEER" decal has been removed from item 1, see item 4. ion as described in the Chrysler repair manual."

The Pioneer decal (goes at the rear fender) is included too.

1991.jeep.comanche.5970-E.jpg

Yeah, these are the last Pioneer decals around for the HO LWB Rob. I'll shoot you the info if you want.

"As of 4/23/91 the "PIONEER" decal has been removed from item 1, see item 4. ion as described in the Chrysler repair manual."

The Pioneer decal (goes at the rear fender) is included too.

1991.jeep.comanche.5970-E.jpg

I wonder if Spencer would be interested in these for us... I can't say I need them, but I would like to have them re-produced so that future MJ'ers have a chance to use them as the Eliminator decals have lived on... Anyone interested in buying them for MJ resto purposes? Or even a group buy to send to Spencer?

Rob

There are separate part numbers for the 91-92 Pioneer LWB and SWB decals. The SWB decals are no longer available, at least I can't find any.

TAPE PACKAGE, Pioneer, Bodyside, Dark Silver Metallic

4636346-7 61 (SWB)

4636348-9 62 (LWB)

These are the decals my truck had originally. I figured I would never find these again or find someone to make them, so I went with what was available. I think they look great, but I'm sticking with 'Eliminator' for now. If I find another truck though....... :brows:

I had a couple members PM me with $20 offers to the cause to save these decals for Spencer.

Anyone else interested?

Don, could you get him down any?

Rob :cheers:

Sounds like the guy is selling them per side, right?

Spencer should only need one side if he's going to copy them.

I'd throw $20 in,

but did Spencer say he'd plot out the pattern if we got him a side?