Rewiring Dome lights.

I got my hands on a rvmirror from a '93 Sunbird, its got 2 lights in it, I just unplugged it from the harness in the car before I took the mirror.

Its got 3 wires, what wires do I splice them into on my domes? Its a pretty neat light, nice and bright, lights the entire cab and gives me lotsa light right where I need it. fits on the stock rear view mirror mount tab, so if you can. I highly suggest it as a replacement for the craptacular french domes. These mirrors only came in converitble Cavalier, Sunfire/Sunbird. all model years from beginning to end.

Is it a switch on the mirror?

If so, I think one of the wires have to go to 12V via a fuse, the other two have to be ground. One, to the door-switch grounding and the other to normal GND.

Then the lights will come on: when you open one of the doors, use the dome switch on the main-light switch, or when you use the switch on the mirror.

If so, I think one of the wires have to go to 12V via a fuse, the other two have to be ground. One, to the door-switch grounding and the other to normal GND.

Then the lights will come on: when you open one of the doors, use the dome switch on the main-light switch, or when you use the switch on the mirror.

no switch,, just lights.

I yanked it apart to look for a swtich.. nothing.

CORRECT.

In the comanche there are three wires to the lights. One is ground. One is power from the door & headlight switches and the last one is just fused power.

Remember these lights are supposed to come on when rotated. Seldom do they actually work!!

Use the Ground and one of the other wires. Best way to test is with a test light or meter.

CW

u can use both grounds off the mj(door and headlight switch) just butt connect them together) thats how i do it in all the universal harnesses(almost ALL pull out headlight switches are the SAME) that way when you turn the switch all the way to the right ill come on w/ the doors closed.

u can use both grounds off the mj(door and headlight switch) just butt connect them together) thats how i do it in all the universal harnesses(almost ALL pull out headlight switches are the SAME) that way when you turn the switch all the way to the right ill come on w/ the doors closed.

The door switch and the headlight switch are already together on the MJ. You will know you have it right, when you wire it, if the lights go off when you close the door.

The extra power lead is there because the MJ lights will "rock" and turn on. (IF working properly and most don't)

CW

another mirror option, and the one i was going to go with, is off of Camaros and firebirds 93+ they have 2 quite nice map lights with a switch for each side, and the same 3 wire connector and if you want to get really fancy you can do this http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Installs/ ... Lights.htm

i did it to my last 94 camaro and it was amazing the amount of light the leds produced. i could cast a shadow in the middle of the day. it was great at nite, tho you kinda had to squint until you got used to the light, once they were turned on.