88 MJ / 98 XJ harness question

So I picked up a rolled 98 XJ for a donor to my 88 manche, I have the XJ completely stipped and my head is spinning with the amount of wires there are, the XJ had power everything, cruise, airbags, a/c, the works. I want my MJ to have power nothing, pretty much the updated interior and drivetrain, crank windows..no a/c, cruise, nothing, just a simple truck. So my question is, is there a thread buried on here somewhere, or does someone just know how to strip down this maze of wires to just what I need, I feel like I don't need half of these wires! Any info anyone can offer up would be awsome thanks! Long live the MJ!

Just don't plug in those wires then.

And for the life of me I can't see why you wouldn't want cruise, even the factory XJs that didn't have it still have the plug in the engine bay, just waiting for someone to plug in a cruise control actuator.

Even if you took the time to try and strip those wires out of the bundle of everything else(and to what end I don't know) its not like your removing any weight or simplifying the harness really.

Download and understand the wiring diagrams for your XJ model.

http://greatlakesxj.com/tech.html

The interior harness should be very easy to thin out. I removed the plugs and wiring for the back doors by simply starting at the door plug and following the wire back to its source. If it terminated in a soldered joint I cut the wire, if it terminated at a plug I pulled apart the plug and removed the terminal. I would not alter the engine harness or the dash harness. To much to go wrong!