Dash Pad

Can the dash pad be removed easily, or does it require greater disassembly of the entire dash. Mine has started cracking drastically in the past six months and I'd like to JB Weld and Upholster it, unless it's a real PITA to remove. If that's the case, I may as well replace with a new one. Out of curiosity, what does it take/what is the process for removal?

Thanks!

dash pad is part of the whole dash. glove box guage cluster etc all comes out as one unit.

Actually, the glove box and the gauge cluster can both be pulled as separate units and replaced as so, I have done them both. Cluster on my XJ and Glove Box (two bolts, found one in Junk Yard that my key fit jamminz.gif) on the Comanche. But you could be correct about the pad itself...

Edit: disregard comment on glove box, I'm sure you mean the inside piece, and not the hinged door, in which yes, you are absolutely correct.

dash pad is part of the whole dash. glove box guage cluster etc all comes out as one unit.

Actually, the glove box and the gauge cluster can both be pulled as separate units and replaced as so, I have done them both. Cluster on my XJ and Glove Box (two bolts, found one in Junk Yard that my key fit jamminz.gif) on the Comanche. But you could be correct about the pad itself...

Edit: disregard comment on glove box, I'm sure you mean the inside piece, and not the hinged door, in which yes, you are absolutely correct.

No, I meant the door and cluster can stay attached to the dash when you pull it(along with the wiring harness's and all, including the fuse box), its pretty much one big unit that can come out together.

The dash isn't to hard to pull. It is held in by 2 15mm bolts near the kick panels and a few 10mm bolts along the windshield under the defrost bezel. Also unbolt the steering column to make room and make sure the wiring is all disconnected as well as the HVAC vacuum lines.