Problem with injector install

I bought a new set of injectors from precision injectors and while installing them the blue tip fell off into the injector bore. So instead of putting that new injector in, I put the old one back in for now. Put everything back together and started it up. The engine ran Irratic and now is knocking or a loud ticking and is backfiring. What happened?

What if it got stuck in a valve?

If it was holding the exhaust valve open wouldn't it backfire through the exhaust? Or the intake valve for that matter?

Was the little blue thing a dust cover? Or a metal part of the injector?

I hope it was just a plastic dust cover... If it was the actual metal tip, and it just made a new home in the cylinder, you might gave just ruined your engine.

Rob L.

So without tearing into it any more i have come up with a conclusion. I have either bent a valve or the blue piece is stuck between the valve seat and the valve. It also smokes so i believe i did something to the valve seal. It also still has a rough idle but seems to smooth out when reved up.

Either, Neither, or both. It also could have chipped the valve, resulting in metal in the combustion chamber, which could score the hell out of the cylinder walls.

You may have to rip the motor apart just to find out what happened.