Clutch questions

OK, so we are working on the "new" 88 MJ and are getting to the fun parts. (Yesterday laying under the truck with dirt falling into my eyes while fixing the tail light wiring was not the fun part.) It has a AX-15 from a 93 XJ (internal slave) with a leaky clutch master. Go figure! :fs1: Damage is very minimal at this point so we want to get it changed and cleaned up pretty quick.

Is there a general agreement on the maker of the replacement CMC? I have looked through some of the past questions, but after you go so far back the time element kicks in and you fall asleep at the keyboard.

Additionally, when we get to cleaning up the mess what will de-activate and clean the brake fluid that has leaked into and onto the fuse box and down the firewall? Simple Green? Purple Power? Electronic circuit cleaner (I'm not sure that it won't eat the fuse box as well.) Amber colored flame accelerant and a match?

I'm not too worried about washing it out as the driver side floor board has a built-in drain hole. (That's on the list as well.)

A couple months ago I had the same situation. First removed the carpeting. Removed the fuses,Flashers and CB'S. Sprayed the bejesuz on everything, with 409.scrubbed the panel with a hand scrub brush. Let sit about 10 minutes. Ran a hose direct from the hot water heater and flushed, washed, rinsed everything.Bailed out the water and let dry. It's only been a couple months so not sure what the long term results will be but it seems to have cleaned everything up very nicely.

OK, so we are working on the "new" 88 MJ and are getting to the fun parts. (Yesterday laying under the truck with dirt falling into my eyes while fixing the tail light wiring was not the fun part.) It has a AX-15 from a 93 XJ (internal slave) with a leaky clutch master. Go figure! :fs1: Damage is very minimal at this point so we want to get it changed and cleaned up pretty quick.

Is there a general agreement on the maker of the replacement CMC? I have looked through some of the past questions, but after you go so far back the time element kicks in and you fall asleep at the keyboard.

Additionally, when we get to cleaning up the mess what will de-activate and clean the brake fluid that has leaked into and onto the fuse box and down the firewall? Simple Green? Purple Power? Electronic circuit cleaner (I'm not sure that it won't eat the fuse box as well.) Amber colored flame accelerant and a match?

I'm not too worried about washing it out as the driver side floor board has a built-in drain hole. (That's on the list as well.)

Most of the current aftermarket units are made of billet aluminum and are reasonably decent, so I think you should be ok in that aspect.

I replaced mine with a Bendix unit and it's been working fine for about a year and a half now. I cleaned up my fuse box with electronic circuit cleaner and lots of towels after removing all the fuses and flashers and it seemed to work fine with no harm to the fuse box.