Started up my Limited CRD for the first time in 2 years:

Sir Sam

fsD8PKDbuAE

Threw a battery in it, bled the air out of the filter head, then cranked it. Fired up after about 2 seconds of cranking.

Still purring nice, gonna have to remember to start it up and run it a little more often until I get ready for the swap.

I've only ever heard a CRD Liberty run one time, but I don't remember them being that loud. Also love the random animal shots haha

Ya I kinda got distracted part way through.

Man you shoulda seen the chickens run when I started that thing up, I don't think they were happy about that. They like to hang out underneath that thing during the day.

Also, I think you need to turn down the volume.

Also wanted to add that I generally start up each one of my project vehicles once a month and let them run until they reach normal operating temperature. I'll also pull the handbrake and put the vehicle in Neutral as I know some transmissions don't pump fluid in Park. Not sure if the AW4's are like that, but I know my 46RE in my ZJ is. Gotta keep the blood flowing!

Also wanted to add that I generally start up each one of my project vehicles once a month and let them run until they reach normal operating temperature. I'll also pull the handbrake and put the vehicle in Neutral as I know some transmissions don't pump fluid in Park. Not sure if the AW4's are like that, but I know my 46RE in my ZJ is. Gotta keep the blood flowing!

ya I didn't have any good batteries to start it with forever, plus I just didn't really feel like it. Gonna try to get out there more often to do this though, no reason to let it go that long.

Now the 2.5 CRD in my MJ......that hasn't been started since it was tested at the factory in Italy over 10 years ago......

What's your plan with the liberty?

Donor engine for my yellow XJ.

Very nice. Liberty engine in a Freedom! :yes: I know the owner of a shop that specializes in Hemi swaps. (Burnsville Offroad) He put one of those engines in a JK. Pure badass with a 6 speed manual!