no power?

My comanche have hole in exhaust but this question actually for land rover discovery I tho.

Does hole in exhaust(leaking) could cause no power on engine like when floor the gas (wot)?

The land rover feel like she dragging a heavy trailer while flooring (WOT).

also I'm myself a deaf so its hard to hear the exhaust but I can feel the leaking from exhaust during idle.

I didnt meant to assume that exhaust is leaking tho just asking.

Don't know if this applies or not. The smaller the engine, the more severely it seems to be effected by exhaust leaks at least ones close to the manifold. Worked on a 62 fairlane with 170 six for a friend. It could not be made to run smoothly or with any power. He dinked around with it for 6 mo. Mechanic friend suggested it was the manifold as we knew it had leaks. New manifold, ran like new.

Not sure of you simply used the generic name, but "carb cleaner" should not be used in the throttle body of a vehicle with an o2 sensor. You need to use a "throttle body" cleaner or a carb cleaner specifically labled as o2 sensor safe. :thumbsup:

Is the catalytic converter all plugged up?

Don't know if this applies or not. The smaller the engine, the more severely it seems to be effected by exhaust leaks at least ones close to the manifold. Worked on a 62 fairlane with 170 six for a friend. It could not be made to run smoothly or with any power. He dinked around with it for 6 mo. Mechanic friend suggested it was the manifold as we knew it had leaks. New manifold, ran like new.

Hmm, the land rover is 4.0 V8 I think and maybe yeah cracked manifold but havent chance to go underbody and check the exhaust system.

btw I didnt smell any exhaust fumes while stand near engine bay tho.

Not sure of you simply used the generic name, but "carb cleaner" should not be used in the throttle body of a vehicle with an o2 sensor. You need to use a "throttle body" cleaner or a carb cleaner specifically labled as o2 sensor safe. :thumbsup:

Is the catalytic converter all plugged up?

Doh! I forget about that. :doh: thanks to let me know also I don't know if cat plugged up, I didnt have time to look underbody on exhaust system