D30 (disconnect) axle swap to non-disconnect axle, vac lines

88 Jeep Comanche

I'm going to be swapping out my comand trac axle(disconnect) to a Selec-trac axle In the next day or so. I have done this before on my other 88 comanche; to make the four-wheel work properly i just plugged up the vacuum lines that ran to the shift housing(well, plugged them up by the t-case) and it worked fine other than the four-wheel light on the dash was permantly on. I was wonder if you any of you guys(girls) have done this before and done something other than plug the lines. Just would like some other opinions... Thanks in Advance comanche.gif

Command trac and selec trac have to do with the transfer case, not the axle. Command is part time 4wd and Select trac is full-time 4wd

But vehicles with SelecTrac had non-disconnect front axles.

I would suggest removing the vacuum harness from the axle to the firewall but plugging/capping the lines at the firewall. I believe that's where the switch that actuates the 4WD light is located.

I'm all done the swap; the old vac lines(from axle to frame) run up to three hardlines on the framerail. I was just going to cap them there. So mud n junk didnt get in. Then maybe like u were saying cap them at the firewall too so my 4wd indicator light doesnt stay on all the time. Ill have to take a look and see what goes where up at the fire wall.