Thermostat Housings

91coMANche

Friends,

A couple members here had me use my machinists mill to bore out some 4.0 thermostat housings for higher flow. Well I ported the housings but now I don't have anymore for other wanting a ported housing. I am offering $7.50 shipped for each good thermostat housing you send me. Thanks and if anyone needs a hi-flow ported thermostat housing send me a message and I'll try and find someone that has a stock one and then mill and hand finish it for you.

Are you looking for the Renix style Cast Iron or Aluminum ones OR the HO style Aluminum ones with the sending unit hole in them?

I'm about to swap out a few Renix style Aluminum ones for some Cast Iron ones. I'll have two of those Aluminum ones up for grabs if I don't break them getting them off.

I was looking for HO but I've never worked on a Renix one. I'd be interested in looking to see if they can be ported for more flow on my Mill.

Can you explain why there are cast iron and aluminum models out there?

Don't know. I just nab all of the cast iron ones I find (I think they are a carry over from the 258) and put them on my 4.0L engines in place of the crappy Aluminum ones. I've taken some of them off of Renix motors, that said I can't guarantee they came from the factory with them... maybe someone before me had the same idea.

Any chance you could snap a picture of the water flowing side of the housing? I wouldn't want any of the iron ones (doesn't dissipate heat fast enough/not good for cooling) but if it looks like they could use a good porting and I can find a way to chuck it up under the mill I'd be interested in seeing if I could offer a Renix thermostat housing.