Grant Steering Wheel - wiring??

Has anyone installed an aftermarket steering wheel and gotten the horn to work???

I put in a Grant wheel...the instructions are a bit sketchy. The horn wire goes thru the old button hole and connects to a spade connector at the horn button. On the other side there is a ground wire spade connector...it's got the little "ground" symbol. The wire grounds to the body of the shaft thru the adapter bolts.

What am I missing?? Does the adapter wire stick out the bottom of the plastic piece or inside the button shaft with the spring?? I found 2 extra wires and 2 sets of instructions IN the box, but the picture on the box has a completely different set-up.

i had the same issues when changing steering wheels. the easiest fix it to re-route the wires to a push button switch and mount it on the dash. but if your dead set on making the horn work,here's some tips. the shiny metal sticker sucks. it does not make a good connection. basically the horn wire connects to a ring either in or under the wheel grounding out the metal on the steering wheel itself, one also connects to the center cap of the steering wheel. the spring keeps the connections from touching until you press the horn. horn is pressed, connection is closed, horn blows. its a simple circuit, make sure all connections work. sorry if i sound like "the professor" or anything, no offence ment.