MJ Transmission seized up

Today I was stopping for a red light downsifting to first gear and the transmission seized up. I could not go in first, second, third or reverse because it wanted to stall. I neutral the truck went as if it were in third gear and I safely arrived at my destination and later drove back home. I am going to remove the transmission and seek a replacement.

Does anybody know waht might have happened? Previously I lost forth gear overnight. All my transmission problems began when my clutch exploded and disintegrated into several looose and broken pieces. Is it possibly one of those renault trannies, a 4 speed?

Thanks for any information.

Blake

It's possible that on the BA10/5 for the shifter to slip out of the shift fork. If the shifter is very loose and feels like you can't select any gear, then this might be the case. There are a couple of bolts on the shift tower, remove it and reinstall and see if you can shift again. I had this happen before and it was stuck in third gear.

It's possible that on the BA10/5 for the shifter to slip out of the shift fork. If the shifter is very loose and feels like you can't select any gear, then this might be the case. There are a couple of bolts on the shift tower, remove it and reinstall and see if you can shift again. I had this happen before and it was stuck in third gear.

It's also possible with the AX-15. I currently have two AX-15s (one in an MJ, one on the ground) and one BA 10/5 that are ALL stuck in reverse because the shifter jumped the actuator rods.

This usually happens when you try to rush a shift, and push (or pull) on the handle before the clutch is fully disengaged.