JP magazine- The terrible ten jeeps

Jay

really you guys?

other than the snorkel...that m715 is stock. sure, 45mph is a chore. but that's not what it's made for.

perhaps people should stop taking what the vehicle was built for out of context.

from the youtube comments:

p.s. if you watch after i pulled them out, the bronco stood on the brakes and the tj put it in drive trying to stop me.

that's funny

I think it's great if I have to call the dealer for an xj part, they act like you're talking spanish. Even for the later xj's, I say I need something for a 2000 xj, and then they say oh man, that's old, I'll try to look it up. That's pathetic. I had a new grand cherokee in the shop a few years ago, it was probably 2005, and this was 2007. Grand cherokee had 37,000 miles on it, and long story short the gear shifter assembly went bad, it is all electronic, and had to be replaced as an assembly. Cost the customer around $750 with diag, and dealer wouldn't help at all with warranty.

No thanks to the new stuff.

edit: 2wd jk :doh: may as well buy a sebring.

I have a pic of a 23sp vs 30sp shaft somewhere,

I'll try to scan it and post it.

I couldn't find the original pic,

so I snapped a new one.

---------------------------------- 30 Spline Dana Shaft ---------------------------- vs --------------------------- 23 Spline Dana Shaft

I purposely did not show the neck down after the 23sp shaft, since I do not believe the 23sp D70's drop off as steeply as the D60's.

It looks like the 1.5" axle is closer to the camera, it's not,

it's just that it's so much bigger than the 1.31" 30 spline shaft.

If I can't do road side repairs on a vehicle with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver,then I don't want it. All the cup holders, airbags, power seats, power windows, ECU'S etc., etc, isn't doing you a bit of good if your sitting alongside the road with the hood raised waiting for a tow truck, which was probably automatically called for by the Emergency On Board Monitoring system.

And as long as I'm on the subject, contrary to what the rabble rousing propagandists spew out, the world IS flat. What do you think happened to all those ships missing at sea? :fs2: