rear shock mounts

The perch that has the lower mounts on it are now on top of the spring turned upside down. So this perch has moved about 6-7 inches up. The shocks are too short to fit now. I got the perch that sits on the axle with my lift kit. Maybe I put it together wrong. No pics right now but I will try to get some soon.

holeski wrote this:

"The MJ’s stock shock mounts are part of the spring/u-bolt plates. When you do the SOA on the rear those plates go from right under the leaf spring to just above the leaf spring. This is something that wasn’t thought of when the kit was put together as it mostly parts from an XJ kit. After the SOA the shock mount sits higher then before. This makes the new longer shocks impossible to put on. I decided to do it this way. I have seen where some have cut and flipped the stock spring/u-bolt plat upside down."

Got this from the "MJ Projects" board titled "New shop truck" thread. It talks about the problem I'm having. Didnt see this until just now.

I made my own U-bolt plates and sandwiched the shock mount between the axle and leafs (with some trimming). This made the shock length identical to stock and even today I'm still using the same stock shocks.