Drive shaft question

With the length of a Comanche, and thus the length of rear drive shaft, neither SYO nor transfer case drop are needed unless you lift it ridiculously high (at least 9 inches for a shortbed, probably a foot or more for a long bed).

When needed, a transfer cased drop should only be considered a temporary solution anyway, as it is hard on the motor mounts, makes the front drive shaft angles worse and lowers ground clearance.

A SYE, while not needed, is still a good upgrade.

My concern after going SOA with no sye was driveshaft length under full compression due to a load in the bed. The last thing I wanted was to punch the driveline forward and put the fan into the radiatior, or simply to grenade the 231 or rear 35.

On my truck (SOA, lift shackles, rearched springs for ~8" lift in rear) I have 14" suspension travel between full droop and full compression. The slip yoke on the end of the driveshaft moves 5/8 of an inch over the entire 14" suspension travel. With the shackle in the rear, and the springs flattening out, the axle moves back as the suspension compresses, pretty much making up for the lower angle.