Questions and Plans

Ok, here goes and tell me if I am on the right path with my plans. Back in June I bought a 1990 MJ. Since then I have been trying to straighten out what the PO did do or didn't do right. I want to get everything mechanical sound before lifting it. In the mean time I have starting buying parts for my lift and axle upgrades. I just bought a set of axles from a grand wagoneer, dana 44 front and a model 20 rear. I am planning on using the front axle but not the rear. I am going to use a izuzu rear dana 44 axle. I found a rear axle at a junk yard with disc brakes and the gears I what already. Plus it will be 6 lug to match the front. I am going to try and sell the rear axle to recoup some money back. What is it worth, it has one piece axles in it. My goal is to run 33 or 35 inch tires and it will be a daily driver/ trail rig. Is there any one who sells the bracket kit for the front axle any cheaper than the $300.00 that I have seen? For a lift I was thinking 6". How much trimming will it take to get the 35" with that lift? Sorry for the long post but wanted some input from others and this. This is my 2nd jeep, I also have a CJ that I built a few years ago.

Thanks

Tim

5.5" or 6" coils in the front is a good match for SOA in the rear with stock springs. It'll fit 33" well but may take some trimming for 35" tires.

I'd guess the 20 is worth about $100, maybe $150 tops. It's a strong axle but very underrated and unpopular due to the bad rap of CJ AMC20's.