rear axle seal?

I know i have been ask alot of questions on mj tech but at least i start speed up to finish my mj asap

sorry though

anyway I noticed that my rear axle don't have any seal for shaft.

so I went look up online. there pretty alot of different seals that look way different from different part numbers.

Its 1978 ford bronco 9" rear with 31 spline and big bearing

so can you guys help me find which seal that suit for my 9" rear?

thanks again :cheers:

the arrow that i draw on this picture is what I'm missing

the axle seal is integral with the bearing. in other words, to change the seal, you have to change the bearings. and they have to be pressed on by a machine. I had mine done at a local shop.

and yes, it is big bearing. all 9" from 78+ were (and some earlier ones under F-150s.)

If you do swap out the bearings, go with the 79 tapered bearing rather than the 78 flat roller bearing.

the axle seal is integral with the bearing. in other words, to change the seal, you have to change the bearings. and they have to be pressed on by a machine. I had mine done at a local shop.

and yes, it is big bearing. all 9" from 78+ were (and some earlier ones under F-150s.)

If you do swap out the bearings, go with the 79 tapered bearing rather than the 78 flat roller bearing.

oh really, its should be visible on the bearing?

which brand that you would recommend to get 79 tapered bearing?

also where can I buy some? I never buy bearing before so yeah. I'm rookie with shopping sometime

Once I knew that you will post up at this thread. thanks man! I'm glad to learn from your knowledge :cheers:

It's just a small lip of rubber that comes off the bearing assembly. mine tore apart the first time I pulled the axle shafts out (the bronco hadn't moved in a decade or so when I bought it and everything was dry-rotted).

find a shop that can install them first. and can install them properly. They press on, but there's no obvious stopping point. They have to measure and match the current bearings. Otherwise your axle shaft will stick out or be pulled in by however much they were off.

Timken makes quality stuff. :thumbsup:

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-123 ... aring.html

their ad says it's commonly used with aftermarket axle shafts, so if I were you I would call them just to confirm it'll work on stock ones too (I'm pretty sure it will).

It's just a small lip of rubber that comes off the bearing assembly. mine tore apart the first time I pulled the axle shafts out (the bronco hadn't moved in a decade or so when I bought it and everything was dry-rotted).

find a shop that can install them first. and can install them properly. They press on, but there's no obvious stopping point. They have to measure and match the current bearings. Otherwise your axle shaft will stick out or be pulled in by however much they were off.

Timken makes quality stuff. :thumbsup:

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-123 ... aring.html

their ad says it's commonly used with aftermarket axle shafts, so if I were you I would call them just to confirm it'll work on stock ones too (I'm pretty sure it will).

hmmm no wonder i havent see any seal on bearing, yet)

ill try find a shop that can do the install.

thanks! but 38 dollars...each.thats hurt me lol. guess i gotta wait until i get some cash to paid for it.