Seat prices

So the junkyard that I go to for work a few times a week for work is having a sale on interior bits. The girl said that if I was interested, I could get a pair of buckets for somewhere between $40 and $80.

The question is, if I find a nice set of Cherokee buckets, is $80 a good price? I haven't done much junkyard shopping, so I don't know what to expect. I'd love to find MJ buckets, but those seem to be rarer than hen's teeth, and it sounds like making XJ seats work isn't too hard. I just want to be rid of my saggy bench.

I got a decent pair of buckets (XJ 4 door) for $50, so $80 for a nice set does not seem too far out there. I would've preferred 2 door buckets or actual MJ seats, but it's what I got. I swapped the seat brackets and installed them in about 2 hours...and I REALLY like them.

I'd say if the seats are in good shape, I'd pay that. Prolly more. Having said that-My nearist p.a.p. sells seats for 19.95 apiece, the one I found mine at is 29.95. Prices for comparison. Will add this-it took me a while to find usuable seats at the pap. People go through these vehicles and tear stuff up and generally don't care about the next guy. I found 2 sets of wing back seats the day I got mine. One set, someone set a battery on the passenger seat and ruined it.

I got a decent pair of buckets (XJ 4 door) for $50, so $80 for a nice set does not seem too far out there. I would've preferred 2 door buckets or actual MJ seats, but it's what I got. I swapped the seat brackets and installed them in about 2 hours...and I REALLY like them.

:agree: