92 Comanche trans swap

The transmission should bolt to the 4.0 with little to no problem. The transfercase will probably fit with few issues (the angle the TJs tranferscae is clocked at might require floor pan modifications). Does the 32rh retrieve information from the PCM to shift? I know little about this transmission besides it behavior on road.

However....

Why install the dreaded 32rh in an MJ? The AW4, which is arguably a better transmission, is bolt in and can be found in most XJs and most MJs. It is controlled by a TCU separately from the PCM. You would need to tap into the existing harness for the TCU to obtain signals needed to operate properly. Or find an XJ and adapt the underhood harness/TCU to the MJs interior harness (they are almost identical).

You have a pretty rare MJ. Not only are 92s highly regarded, but to find one with the stock 5spd (AX15) is even more rare umn.gif

If you're wanting to do this for a 4wd conversion, and the TJ trans is simply just sitting there, there are still about 1,287 better options for you.

If it's just to go to an auto, I highly recommend going with an AW-4 as stated.

Am I correct in assuming this TJ trans does not have an overdrive?

If you're wanting to do this for a 4wd conversion, and the TJ trans is simply just sitting there, there are still about 1,287 better options for you.

If it's just to go to an auto, I highly recommend going with an AW-4 as stated.

Am I correct in assuming this TJ trans does not have an overdrive?

I'm pretty sure you are. I had one in a TJ that I flipped (bought and sold, not rolled over) and I wouldn't want it. It does seem like a lot of trouble for no gain. Go with the AW4 if at all possible.