coil/ecu

dakal

i am hunting a miss in my 1988/4.0. after trying lots of ideas, my mechanic wants to try a coil/ecu. the junk yards around here are crooks so i turn to you. does someone have a renix one they would send me so i could check mine? we could work out a price before hand. if mine is good, i'll send yours back +. if not i'll send you payment.

THANKS dave

Is this what you are talking about? The ignition control module?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco ... ttype,7060

I've been there, done that on my '90. I was having issues starting mine and I could not figure it out, finally replaced this and things have been great since.

If I'm going to ship one of my spares off, I'm not looking to get it back. It's either mine or yours. Let me know if you are interested. $15 shipped. I'll test it and verify that its good before I shoot it out to you. It'll be in the mail the day I get payment.

- Brent

Brent Marsh

1986 Wendt Road

Fitchburg, WI 53575

414-750-6433

The one in my 88 XJ went bad from sitting. After a decent amount of searching, I found I was able to do a quick test with a multimeter. Set it to read ohms, and touch the positive to the positive post where the plug goes, and negative to the terminal for the plug wire. Should be less than 1 ohm. Mine was 13.

yah i did mean ign module. senior moment.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco ... ttype,7060

I've been there, done that on my '90. I was having issues starting mine and I could not figure it out, finally replaced this and things have been great since.

If I'm going to ship one of my spares off, I'm not looking to get it back. It's either mine or yours. Let me know if you are interested. $15 shipped. I'll test it and verify that its good before I shoot it out to you. It'll be in the mail the day I get payment.

- B

the coil is on top and the ign module on the bottom.

i will try the multimeter thanks dave