Another project:

Sir Sam

http://auc2.traauctions.com/kws/napplic ... Exit=Close

I've been going nuts trying to find something to flip and make money on, stuff going super high and no cherokees for like 3 weeks now. Well whatever happened the stars aligned today, picked that up for $1700. Now I just gotta see if I can get it up to me before the holidays.

Also note that it is a freedom, but someone kept the silverstars off of it, this makes the second freedom I have bought without silverstars, I guess some other people really like the wheels too! I just picked up a set of ecco's so I might throw those on to up the value a little.

Paid $1700, which means more like $2100 after fees to get it home. Shooting for $2500 total, I already have the fender/header panel/airbags, I'm hoping the ECU didn't take a hit or if it did that it is a sentry key ECU because I have one of those.

Interesting - I didn't know the Freedom edition XJs came with unpainted fender flares. Any idea on what the mileage is on it?

All freedom XJ's came with unpainted flares, 16" silverstar wheels, NP242 and the dual CD/tape radio.

They were basically sports with the SE appearance package, 242, 16" wheels, and cd/tape, like the 60th anniversary edition they were mainly used to burn off excess inventory.

I'll find out the mileage when it gets delivered, I got a key made so I should be able to move it around qoon.

Yea, seems bass ackwards to me, but it's all a matter of personal opinion, I guess. An appearance package with 16" silverstar wheels and unpainted fender flares is contradicting (to me, at least). I just think the unpainted flares look tacky and cheap. The burning off excess inventory statement makes more sense to me now. My girlfriend has an '06 TJ Golden Eagle edition, which is essentially just an "appearance" package with some other odds and ends thrown in. I haven't ever given it a thorough inspection, so it may have things like a 242, but I do know it has a D44 in the rear. Also has unpainted fender flares and gold painted Ravine rims. Again, probably Jeep burning off inventory since they knew the TJ was getting the axe after '06.

Yea, seems bass ackwards to me, but it's all a matter of personal opinion, I guess. An appearance package with 16" silverstar wheels and unpainted fender flares is contradicting (to me, at least). I just think the unpainted flares look tacky and cheap. The burning off excess inventory statement makes more sense to me now. My girlfriend has an '06 TJ Golden Eagle edition, which is essentially just an "appearance" package with some other odds and ends thrown in. I haven't ever given it a thorough inspection, so it may have things like a 242, but I do know it has a D44 in the rear. Also has unpainted fender flares and gold painted Ravine rims. Again, probably Jeep burning off inventory since they knew the TJ was getting the axe after '06.

I never liked the painted flares of the sports, always thought the sport looked kinda broken up, painted bumper, black end caps, painted flares, black side molding.

I also don't care for the painted end caps and flares, I think all that painted stuff makes the jeep look cheap, too many shiny plastic curves.

I think the sports look better in darker colors, blues greens, where the contrast between the black plastic and the paint is lesser. On the flip side I think the freedoms look better in bright colors, which is what they came in. White, yellow, red, and that silver I don't really like.

The only classic/limited color I care for is that silver, I feel like thats the only color that doesn't make it look cheap with the fully painted plastic.

So ya, personal taste!

Jeep did the same thing with the liberty in 07, the 07 latitude KJ is basically just a limited with silver painted renegade wheels. I think the '04 freedom edition WJ's and KJ's were also another way to burn off inventory.

• 1 month later...

Getting closer with the rest of it. Shooting for driving it tomorrow. Need to re-center the steering wheel, install the front bumper,

white1.jpg

Body panel alignment is a b*@$£, and after taking parts on and then off and then on over and over and tweaking it over and over you can get it to look right, so I guess the results are worth it.

white2.jpg

white3.jpg

white4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Getting closer. I keep fighting a powersteering leak that I think is caused by the o-ring between the plastic reservoir and the pump.

Got the airbags in and got the cruise installed, seems to work correctly from pushing the buttons(cruise lights up on the dash like it should).

Getting closer!

white6.jpg

white7.jpg

white8.jpg

white9.jpg

Shiny, Shiny paint and chrome! I replaced all three chrome pieces even though I only needed two, I figure the matching new chrome will really set it off.

white10.jpg

white11.jpg

white12.jpg

If my cousin doesn't buy this I will likely put on this set of TJ Canyons and 30x9.50 tires to up the resale value and really set the thing off. It's kinda funny, but when I sold my grey freedom they had the same tires and wheels on it when I sold it.

white13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
your killing me...I've been looking for a 2000+ cherokee for the wife to get her out of her gas guzzling xterra.

your dangling the carrot in front of me but i gotta get one with less miles, good luck on your sale :cheers:

The freedom even came with factory with silverstar wheels like you have you have on your MJ. Unfortunately someone took them off before it found its way to me.

The freedom even came with factory with silverstar wheels like you have you have on your MJ. Unfortunately someone took them off before it found its way to me.

them wheels were hard to find and I think I got all the one's that were in stock in colorado from two separate junkyards in denver. I think I still have the sheet somewhere from performance wheel/tire for the junkyards, the next closest one was la junta, and they only had 2. :eek:

them wheels were hard to find and I think I got all the one's that were in stock in colorado from two separate junkyards in denver. I think I still have the sheet somewhere from performance wheel/tire for the junkyards, the next closest one was la junta, and they only had 2. :eek:

Yup they are rare, I have a set on my KJ CRD, one on my yellow XJ freedom, one set for my MJ, and other set or two hiding in the backyard.

Ya I pick em up whenever I can. :D