87 Comanche central NY

aemsee

well boys. after a great deal of thought, I am selling the MJ. It just sits and sits, and I just bought a Harley.

87 SB 4cyl, auto, 4wd with 4:56 gears. Engine out of 88 with around 100K on it.

Good:

Very nice black interior except for the headliner. there is one the PO installed but it is not factory. Brand new front pipe and cat con. newer starter and altenator. Rockers have been replaced, but just riveted in right now. need to be welded. Only floor rot is drivers floor. Patched in with a formed floor panel. Needs to be welded in and finished. Truck runs very well.

Bad:

Box sides rotted above wheel wells (surprise, eh?). right cab corner rusted, but have a patch panel to go with the truck. No rear bumper. 4wd works, but front output bearing for t-case very noisey. needs case or o-haul. Have a 242 case that can also go with the truck, but have no idea of condition. should at least be resealed and insides checked. guessing front axle joint(s) might need replacing, mostly from sitting so much, but really haven't checked them on a lift. Have a set of ZJ front CV axles that you can have if you want. Plastic valve cover leaks a bit, have a metal one that will go with the truck. No idea if e-brake works. If you want to register it in NY, the person who did the first inspection when I bought this 5 years ago fat fingered the inspection machine and put in 200K instead of 100k. Never bothered to get it corrected, just kept having them bump the mileage everytime for insp.

Options:

currently has 5.9 limited wheels and 245/75/16 MT/R's on it with about 1/2 tread.

with these wheels and tires I want $550 for the truck. I also have a set of 10 hole rivets with winterforce 235/75/15 tires that are just about new. with these tires on it I want $500 for the truck. If you bring your own wheels and tires, truck is $450.

I also have a tilt column, 3" front coils and a rust free box with tailgate and lamps that I will be selling once the truck is gone, but a package deal could be had for everything with the truck.

There are many pictures of my truck posted on here already, but will certainly send you more if you want something specific. Thanks,Joe :(

(would also consider a trade involving a good utility trailer. at least 4x8 with at least 12" wheels. 1500 lb capacity or more, +/- cash)

I live on the south shore (Marshfield to be exact), but would be willing to pay extra for delivery. Would love to come get it, but my yj has the wimpy 2.5 :fs1: so towing it back would be a problem. I MIGHT be able to might in central MA if I can get a friend to lend me his GMC Sierra for the day, but how willing would you be to deliver? and at what price?

I live on the south shore (Marshfield to be exact), but would be willing to pay extra for delivery. Would love to come get it, but my yj has the wimpy 2.5 :fs1: so towing it back would be a problem. I MIGHT be able to might in central MA if I can get a friend to lend me his GMC Sierra for the day, but how willing would you be to deliver? and at what price?

by the time I rented a trailer, and the price of diesel, it would cost near as much as I want for the truck. take the two amounts together and I'm sure you can find a truck local for that price

• 2 weeks later...

well, have had several interested parties. But everyone is just too far away it seems. Remember, I am open to offers and we can certainly work something out with the rust free box (with taillights) as well. I am also going to be getting rid of some other things I think, including a "new" short block (4.0), 4L head (reman), intake, exhaust man., gasket set for said engine, 3" front coils. Bring a truck and trailer and take it all. First $1K gets everything.

• 1 month later...

Archived