Need 4wd vacuum harness

tazer15

doesnt that eat up some mpg and wear front parts out faster?this truck is a mess need it to last till next summer for my son till i can build it.but ya $60 for a used factory one and $170 for the after market fix is little steep. :roll: anybody want a $500 comanche?

MPG difference in negligible, and no, it doesn't wear out your front end parts. The CAD was eliminated in the early 90s anyway, because it was more trouble than it was worth.

Personally, I would rather lose a tiny, tiny bit of fuel economy for the peace of mind that the 4wd will actually work when I pull the lever. I have experienced "F*&$ing DAMNIT" that you feel when you pull the lever and nothing happens. Locking the CAD is free.

Is yours torn up or missing? Want my non-CAD HP D30 with 3.55's? I have 2. We can swap since I need to keep it rolling chassis.

I had to fix my old YJs CAD with some vacuum tubing since battery acid ate through it and the previous owner routed it so vacuum was always applied, and locked. If you can find a vacuum diagram, it should be a piece of cake to repair the harness with vacuum tubing from your favorite auto parts store. You could also just apply vacuum to the CAD so it is always locked. There is really no down side (all newer D30s are locked all the time) except the 4wd light won't work (if it is operated by vacuum like my YJs was).