-More AMC 20 q's

This goes back to my finding of an 86 MJ with the AMC 20.

Currently I've got 31 inch tires, and with the AX-15 5th is basically worthless until I hit 65. Will the 4.10s in this 20 be deep enough? I've not seen to much availability for gears in the 20. Have you found any? Any info you can give me is very appreciated, as are any links you've got. Sorry to be such a bother, but before I drop the cash on a set of axles I want to be sure it's what I need.

87manche

I have 4.10 gears in my 4x4 and currently run 31 inch trxus tires with a 4.0, AW4 and I can say you will have tons of power and torque.

(I had the 3.07 gears and the difference feels like I swapped in a V8 now)

I think you can run up to 33inch tires and still have acceptable power with 4.10 gears

thanks for that info. I've got 3.07s now, and I'm always a gear below where I should be just to have acceptable power. I also find myself slipping the clutch a bit more than I should to keep from lugging the engine when I'm starting out on the steep hill my drive empties on too.

Well, I'm a big fan of too much gear. The truck is for hualing and wheeling, not highway trips. That's why we got a car.

I run 4.10s with my stock 215s (Yippie!)

I had 3.07s and swapped to these, huge difference in power, gear ratios are alot closer and pretending my MJ is a drag car is fun. Much more "power"

Wheeeling its awesome, don't have to slip the clutch in high to keep it running, and in low its unstopable. On pavement, i can put it in 2 low let the clutch out in frist and slowly apply thje brakes (no gas) and it will start to "burnout"