which comanche

in the market for a cheap cheap daily driver i have a wrangler(rockcrawler)that I'm starting to break alot! and then start building it for my son for his project ill then buy a diesel any yrs to stay away from?looks like to me the biggest POS is the peugot tranny how do i idenify it?I'm sure theres endless info on this forum and ill read it but i need some ideas fast I'm looking at 3 right now and really wanna buy one.an 86 lifted manual worse condition of the 3 lots of little things leaks rattles steerings whinning some lots of under carriage rust. and it seems to me maybe that gm v6 isnt the greatest thing in the world wants 1200 obo i bet hell take 800-900. a 1990 w topper manual 4.0 looks pretty good in pics $1500obo ill look at it tomorow also an 89 same deal $1700 all 4x4 any advice would be great thanks guys

Welcome. I too have a Wrangler that no longer should be used as a daily driver and came looking for a Comanche to drive every day.... You can see how that worked by looking at my build. I am still driving my rubi.

Rust may, or may not be a concern to you. But, if you want a rust free truck you will need to be picky. The truck may still be solid if the body is rusted, but check the uni-body. I personally wanted a 4.0 with the AW4 automatic since both are undeniably solid units. Plus parts for these are easy to come by.

cool thanks guys I'm goin to look at one tonight 87warrior ive talked to you before on rof or jeepforum i live in wichita names trevor i have a black 05 rubi unlimited thanks again oh and I'm buying a dodge diesel for my towrig and daily driver and just give the comanche to the boy if this work out i ran into one late last night ill be flying to ky soon to pick it up :banana:

86 lifted manual worse condition of the 3 lots of little things leaks rattles steerings whinning some lots of under carriage rust. and it seems to me maybe that gm v6 isnt the greatest thing in the world wants 1200 obo i bet hell take 800-900. a 1990 w topper manual 4.0 looks pretty good in pics $1500obo ill look at it tomorow also an 89 same deal $1700 all 4x4

I was gonna ask where you are from cause those sound like the same exact ones ive been looking at. and they are! let me know which one you buy cause ill probably buy one of the others. i got a couple months before i decide on one so ill let you have your pickings. Itll be nice to see another comanche on the road around wichita.