New to the whole Jeep thing, what do i need to know (88/4.0)

I'm looking for what needs to be done to my truck , here is the story

Just got an 88 pioneer 4.0 efi auto 2x4 175k for 300 bucks

had a bad TPS, fixed that no problem

downpipe was rusted out so i put a new exhaust on

changed the oil

cleaned the interior

seems to run well now except for a minor issue starting sometimes.

so what do you guys suggest i do now that its running, what maintenance is it going to need?

Are there any things i should do right now before they become an issue? (other than check for rust under the carpet)

I'm totally new to the jeep thing...

so what do you guys suggest i do now that its running, what maintenance is it going to need?

Are there any things i should do right now before they become an issue? (other than check for rust under the carpet)

I'm totally new to the jeep thing...

If it's running, do all the general maintenance PMs that should be done on any new to you vehicle. Drive it, run it hard, brake it, etc. If something breaks, detail the problem, detail what you have done to repair the problem based on a search here, then ask for specifics. You'll have many problems, as we all do, so answering your general "what to do" question is impossible. Sounds like you have done a decent start. But there's no instant gradification answer mate. :cheers:

:agree: You never know what you'll run into with a 22 year old truck.

All I can suggest is some common stuff, and a couple things I've ran into over the years:

-Change ALL fluids and filters (including trans, diff, coolant, air filter, fuel filter) Don't overlook steering and brake fluid too ("forgotten fluids").

-Since it's 2wd, repacking (or replacing if needed) the front wheel bearings is never a bad idea.

-Check all standard wear items. TRE's (including track bar), U-joints, Belt, Brake Pads, bearings, ball joints, bushings, shocks, etc... etc...

-It also would be good to check the steering box and track bar mount mounting bolts to make sure they are tight. I have ran into many that have loosened up over time (gotta love that uni-body!). If the steering box is loose, you may also want to check the aluminum spacer, between the box and frame, to make sure it's not cracked.