Tail gate hinge dampers

JACKED88

Or whatever you call um. Those rubber "dampers" that from what I can tell just keep the hinges from rattling. :dunno: There's a total of 4. One on each end of the tail gate and one on each end of the truck bed. I only need one. Somehow the one on the passenger side end of the tail gate got loose and has now gotten bent causing it to sometimes wedge itself between the tail gate and tail light. As a result its now cracked a small pc off the edge of the light. Gonna remove it before it does any more light damage and till I find one to replace it.

Anybody know where to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

I ordered the last 18 in the US and have them here I can sell you one or you can try to get your local dealer to order in the last 2 in CANADA which are in Quebec that is if they will sell them to your dealer as sometimes with an order as small as 2 for the dealer price of $8.00 each they may not feel they are worth the shipping and markup...

The MOPAR part number is

55004888 (Tail gate side)

The Box side (55004883) there is only 1 left in the world of MOPAR other then the 1 I have here and I would have the other as well but the ALEXANDER DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP, INC ALBERTVILLE AL Dealer would not sell it to my Local dealer...

I hope this info Helps you some... And Good luck

I ordered the last 18 in the US and have them here I can sell you one or you can try to get your local dealer to order in the last 2 in CANADA which are in Quebec that is if they will sell them to your dealer as sometimes with an order as small as 2 for the dealer price of $8.00 each they may not feel they are worth the shipping and markup...

The MOPAR part number is

55004888 (Tail gate side)

The Box side (55004883) there is only 1 left in the world of MOPAR other then the 1 I have here and I would have the other as well but the ALEXANDER DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP, INC ALBERTVILLE AL Dealer would not sell it to my Local dealer...

I hope this info Helps you some... And Good luck

Thanks for the info and the offer to sell me one. Yes, I would like to buy one tail gate side from you. How much do you want for it including shipping and where should I send payment? Shipping will be to U.S. zip 77450?

Thanks.

Robert

BTW, I hope we're talking about the same part. These rubber pcs don't actually have anything to do with where the tail gate hinges. They apparently guide and or keep the tail gate support arms from rattling when the tailgate is closed. They look like a couple of notched out wedges that mate to each other when the tail gate is closed holding the support brackets in between um.