Part Search: Cooling System Thing (pics)

Soo..my truck took a dump on me this morning on the way to work :roll: Lucky for me the part that burst is the little network of tubing right below the resevoir bottle. Anyone know what this is called or have a part #? I'd get a picture but my trucks acouple blocks away right now.. :mad:

Please help me guys, my life is kinda on hold without my truck! (i'm sure this is true for most of us) :nuts: Thanks!

Ok hope this helps:

broken.jpg

Red arrow points to the hole

broken2.jpg

Are you talking about the heater core valve? It's a little vaccuum operated motor that opens/closes a valve in a plastic housing to allow coolant to flow thru the heater core when you switch the HVAC control to "heat". Should only be about $10-$15 at any competent parts house (that's one of those parts I would replace with new vs. a junkyard part....you're liable to get one just as bad as your original from the 'yard :cry: )

You can pull the heater core hoses off of what's left of that motor housing and connect them together with a barbed fitting/short piece of piping and a couple hose clamps until you get the replacement part. You just won't have any heat. I'd gently plug the heater core inlet/outlets if you do that to keep any nasties out of the core. Be very gentle with those pipes also...you don't want to snap one off, or you'll have to replace the core itself.

Jeff

Went to the dealership today and bought the replacement parts. Costed me $87.58 :cry:

But whatever, it runs now. :roll:

And for those who care:

Part # - Price

52003248 - 42.84

52003878 - 15.23

52003876 - 11.76

52003877 - 11.45

Went to the dealership today and bought the replacement parts. Costed me $87.58 :cry:

But whatever, it runs now. :roll:

And for those who care:

Part # - Price

52003248 - 42.84

52003878 - 15.23

52003876 - 11.76

52003877 - 11.45

Sheesh.

I made my own out of copper plumbing fittings. Started with a tee, sweated in a couple of very short pieces if straight pipe, added an elbow off the bottom, and I was done.

I doubt it cost me more than ten bucks, and took all of 15 minutes to make up.

I swapped mine out for the newer open style cooling system as i need a radiator at the same time. It was a fairly simple swap, just used a 92+ rad, heater control valve and a universal coolant tank.

bingo :cheers: