97+ XJ trim on short bed comanche

have a spare 97 XJ ive been using for parts... i pulled all the trim off today and was playing around with it... figured out a way to run it on a MJ short bed real easily... to dress things up a bit!!... hers what i needed...

4- back door trim 2 left and 2 right

4- front door trim 2 left and 2 right

2 front fender trim 1 left and 1 right

i used 2 front door trims on the front doors

2 fender trims on the fenders... there are obvious

i used two of the rear doors before the back wheel and behind the cab with the indention facing forward or rear is up to you... just swap left with right... some have fender flares and want to trim so i would trim off the sides with the indention...

i used the other to back doors between the back wheen well and bumper... this i ran the indention on the bumper side to kinda hide it behind the bumper but again if you gotta trim for fender flares then just rotate left to right...

the hard part is getting trim right behind the doors on the cab... the fender trim is to short to use... so my plan since I'm going to be having body and paint done soon is to cut the two ends off the extra set of front door trim... put them together at the proper length stick them on and bondo over the crack down the middle... no big deal... for those of you not doing paint anytime soon i would just cut the front part off leaving the small hole towards the bed and less noticable... or not use one at all... some trucks come without from the factory like this....

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this but i havent seen it... so figured id pass the word just incase!! i do have pics and forgot i still don't know how to make them work here without some other stupid website so if anyone wants to transfer them over feel free... and ill try and edit the link back out of this thread... pics are at the bottom of the page... thanks!

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/projec ... post626265

if the photos are already online (meaning you can see them in your browser, not on your desktop), then all ya gotta do is right click on the image, choose "copy image location", paste that address here, then highlight, then click on the IMG tag.

when you're done, it should look like this: (I added a few spaces in the address so it would show up as words rather than the photo)

[img ]http://www.cherokeeforum.%20com/attachments/f46/23489d1280876601-project-srt-8-comanche-1280875886540.jpg[ /img]

and if all goes well, you'll see this: :cheers:

23489d1280876601-project-srt-8-comanche-1280875886540.jpg