How to drain p/s fluid?

Theres a line held on with hose clamps, and a line that has a screw in fitting and a stiffer hose, you pull off the low pressure, less stiff hose and let it drain out there. If you tried to suck it out of the resevior, you wouldnt get it all because there should be a screen in there to catch any larger debris. Good luck..... oh, and why are you trying to drain it? Just curious.

I prefer to suck it out. You don't get every last drop, but you easily get 95% of it.

I use my "sucker" all the time, I change out diff fluid, PS fluid, Brake fluid yearly and refill with fresh fluids. It looks like a grease gun with a tube out the end, but only the "tube" no lever.

CW

you can flush it by removing the return hose and i usually get a longer hose and tie them together, and route the return to a drain pan, have an assistant ready in the vehicle to start it, and you are constantly filling so the pump does not run dry, assistant turns it off. it literally takes usually around 10 seconds to have just as clean fluid going out as you're putting in, then you have 100% new fluid.

Theres a line held on with hose clamps, and a line that has a screw in fitting and a stiffer hose, you pull off the low pressure, less stiff hose and let it drain out there. If you tried to suck it out of the resevior, you wouldnt get it all because there should be a screen in there to catch any larger debris. Good luck..... oh, and why are you trying to drain it? Just curious.

Cause whoever the last owner was, was not good on keeping up maintenance. The oil was very black when changed. The p/s and coolant are low and I figured best to start off completely fresh.

Theres a line held on with hose clamps, and a line that has a screw in fitting and a stiffer hose, you pull off the low pressure, less stiff hose and let it drain out there. If you tried to suck it out of the reservoir, you wouldn't get it all because there should be a screen in there to catch any larger debris. Good luck..... oh, and why are you trying to drain it? Just curious.

Cause whoever the last owner was, was not good on keeping up maintenance. The oil was very black when changed. The p/s and coolant are low and I figured best to start off completely fresh.

Your thinking is good!!

Only knowing that, I suggest you CHANGE ALL FLUIDS. Its a fair bet that he/she didn't check or change ANY of them!!

CW