WTB: 4.0/5sp 4wd SWB Rear Driveshaft

MrFreeze5

8.8, but I'm pretty sure those never came from the factory :D Ill be doing the axle install and SOA at the same time as the transmission/tcase install. I would just get mine shortened, but the problem is once I disable the truck, I'm stuck there until I finish it, so I can't really drop off a DS to be shortened after the fact.

Edit: But if for some reason I just install the trans and tcase without lifting and installing the 8.8, I have a D35 for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking. I can have my 2wd driveshaft shortened once I get my SOA done, but I need to get my AX-15 swapped soon since my slave cylinder is leaking pretty badly and it would be nice to have the right shaft on hand since I can't have the truck down for long.

The spline count is not an issue since I am using the slip yoke that came with my Tcase('96 242) since its sealed. And I am doing a 4wd conversion so I can't get an exact measurement, I'm just going on what I have found on the site here. IIRC the 5sp/4wd/SWB/D35 is 43.25" but there is conflicting info. But if the driveshaft is maybe an inch long its OK since I plan on having my SOA installed in the next 2-3 weeks, but I am sick of driving around with a severely leaking slave cylinder.

Surely the conversion your doing has already been done a hundred or more times already. Why don't you place a post in the Tech forum explaining what your doing and the info you need. Bet you'll get a good answer there. Jim

Surely the conversion your doing has already been done a hundred or more times already. Why don't you place a post in the Tech forum explaining what your doing and the info you need. Bet you'll get a good answer there. Jim

Because its starting a new thread beating a dead horse. Theres lots of info out there, Ive found several threads with lots of measurements, but lots of contradictions and corrections, so I was hoping to find a more application specific shaft, as opposed to a specific length shaft if that makes sense. I'm really just looking for "close enough" for a week or two until I can get my 2wd shaft shortened to the proper length. So I would think just about any of the SWB 4wd rear driveshafts would work for a few limited miles to the driveline shop. Ive got a few shafts around myself, all ZJ, but none of them are long enough, even the 2wd ZJ shaft I have. And the only 4x4 MJs I have found in the junkyards recently are LWB, so no luck pulling one there either.

The issue is I am doing a 4wd conversion AND SOA/axle swap at the same time. I will have my 2wd shaft shortened, but I am on my own for getting the shaft to and from the shop, and I need all the final components in place so I can get the right measurements and only do this once.