Jeep Parts???

I was at the local pick&pull yesterday to get something for my daughter's Olds and took a walk back to the truck area. They had a TJ, 3 - ZJ's and about 6 XJ's. Are the ZJ's front axle the same as a MJ? It looked like the ZJ and a couple XJ's had a larger front axle? Also is the front drive shaft the same on autos and manuals?? Everything except the TJ was auto :cry:

Charles

TJ, YJ, MJ, XJ, ZJ....all the same D30 axle. YJ D30 is leaf spring, but all the others are coiled. ZJ D30 may be low pinion, and may have CV joints instead of u-joints. Late model ('01-'02) XJ D30 is low pinion also.

Front driveshaft lengths do vary by transmission/engine combo :cry: I do know that the AX5/2.5 combo has the shortest DS, but it's possible that a 4.0/AW4 and 4.0L/AX15 are the same size (or close enough to be interchangeable). Maybe some 4.0 guys here can speak to that.

Jeff

Thanks,

I thought I could get a cheep front drive shaft, but I have a 2.5 w/ AX-4 and the 3 2.5's they had were autos :cry: They did have have the front axles priced at $89 each, but the other local yard has one for $20 less and they will pull it :D

Charles