plug for the prop valve outlet

I have removed the prop valve on my MJ and I was wondering if anyone knows the exact size for the plug to put on the brake thingny where you take the line out

( sorry don't know the exact name for that part :dunno: )

thx

Dominic

To blank off the unused port? It isn't a pipe thread, it's a straight thread. It's either a 5/16" or 3/8" fine thread machine bolt. You won't find one short enough, so to do it neat you have to cut it off. I chopped mine and put an o-ring under the head. In reality, it'll probably work if you leave it sticking out and tighten it down so the end of the bolt digs into the old seat and makes it's own seal, but I wanted a neater appearance.

Found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11723&hilit=junction+block+plug

The search tool can be your friend.. :doh: :waving:

CW

You can actually get flare plugs at NAPA for the double invert flare fitting, that's probably the better way to do it since it doesn't involve an o-ring and is a metal to metal cone seal instead of a "boogered up end of bolt to cone via o-ring" seal, I keep a couple of 3/8-24 UNF invert flare plugs (and spare rubber lines) in my center console and trail kit so I can plug up a broken line and limp home if I have to.