ho head swap questions

finally doing my 93 ho-head and 99-up intake swap today.ran into a few snags.i replaced the throttle cable with one from a 91-96 4.0 cherokee but it only opens the throttle halfway.do i need to replace the gas pedal itself from a 91 up cherokee?also my kickdown cable appears to be too short.do i need one from a 91 up aw4 as well?everything else is done(fuel rail,power steering pump tps adapter)just these last 2 things.

well i'm on the search for a gas pedal.i used the kickdown cable but it's at max adjustment but it does shift like before.it'll work until i can get one.i wish that all the posts on doing this conversion would have mentioned the gas pedal.i was just at the pick n pull thursday and would've got one.

well i'm on the search for a gas pedal.i used the kickdown cable but it's at max adjustment but it does shift like before.it'll work until i can get one.i wish that all the posts on doing this conversion would have mentioned the gas pedal.i was just at the pick n pull thursday and would've got one.

What,

you mean you didn't read mine from 2005? ;)

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sh ... p?t=372106

I really thought there'd be a few posts/writeups about this, but I haven't seen one yet.

I swapped a 92YJ HO engine into my 88' MJ.

Using a YJ engine made it tougher, since engine accessories and fan location is different.

Also YJ motor mount brackets are different (YJ's= offset to pass side, XJ's= offset to drivers side), and YJ's don't use the XJ's 90 degree oil filter adapter.

Parts:

From the 92 YJ:

engine (including intake & exhaust manifolds).

PS pump bracket

Throttle body

Fuel injectors & fuel rail

std thread oil filter adapter (used with XJ's 90 degree adapter, to allow std thread filter)

Partial fuel lines

From the 87-90 Renix

All sensors, including the TPS & Renix Distributor

valve cover (just because part of my 92's was damaged)

all engine accessories, brackets (except PS bracket, used 92 because it fit the HO mainfold) & XJ fan < even the XJ waterpump is different from YJ's, and needs to be swapped

Flywheel

Cast iron engine to motor mount brackets

90 degree oil filter adapter

Partial fuel lines

other parts I used

I had an airbox from (I believe) a 91-92 XJ, so I used that

2001 throttle cable (I think any 91-2001 will work)

91+ gas pedal assembly (I still have the original in there, and the pedal is VERY low. Looks like I'll be modifying the old, or swapping in a new style).

Basically, it was remove old, reinstal new.

Swap sensors, accessory drives (possibly alternator & bracket only if doing an XJ to XJ swap), flywheel, motormount brackets (if YJ to XJ swap), oilfilter parts (if YJ to XJ swap), figure out vac hose locations, reroute wiring, and figure out fuel lines.

The fuel lines were the biggest snag, next was fitting the Renix TPS to the new TB.

This swap deletes the EGR, hopefully that won't be an issue.

The HO's bigger fuelinjectors cover up alot of this, and seem to keep it from going too lean (which is common when deleting EGR on other engines).

I'm posting this today, because I promised Jfiscus some pics of the vac routing.

Here's what I did with the big lines from the valve cover & charcoal canister: