cj10a diesel engine ?

tazjeeper

anyone know an info on the diesels cj10a engiens I have a chance to buy one and I am thining that it would work great in an mj.

I know its a 6 cyl and its made buy nissan. this one is out of a cj10a 86 and has 45,000 miles on it. come with 727 tranny.

I did find out that the 208 t-case that I have on the 80 j10 will bolt right to the tranny..

anyone know an info on the diesels cj10a engiens I have a chance to buy one and I am thining that it would work great in an mj.

I know its a 6 cyl and its made buy nissan. this one is out of a cj10a 86 and has 45,000 miles on it. come with 727 tranny.

I did find out that the 208 t-case that I have on the 80 j10 will bolt right to the tranny..

Its the SD33, also the diesel engine used in scouts(and patrols overseas).

Its a good engine, you might be able to find the turbo setup for it online.

Its the SD33 also the diesel engine used in scouts.

do you mean this engine viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14123

Its the SD33, also the diesel engine used in scouts.

do you mean this engine http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... =7&t=14123

Yes thats the SD33 out of a scout as noted in the build thread.

Kind of under-powered by today's big power standards. It may have thousands and thousands of idle hours on it that would never have shown up on an odometer. Is parts availability an issue?

I am a huge fan of the 4bt