Interior Questions

Just about to transform my mj's baby blue interior to the oh-so sexy black and tan, but have a few questions before I get started.

1. Is there supposed to be light begind the heater controls?

2. How about light in the ashtray?

3. The indicator lights off to the side of the guages,(where the clock would be) I've never seen them work. Do certain trim levels only have certain indicators? I have no clue what trim level I have, as I bought my MJ repainted, and debadged.

4. The big automatic center console from an XJ will bolt right in correct? I remember reading a post, just have to snag the floor brackets from the donor XJ si? I have a column shifting MJ with a bench, so I'm merely going to make either a cubby, blackout plate, or cupholders to go in the place where the floor shifter would be in this console.

Any links/pics would be greatly appreciated!

-Travis

1. Yes, there is a small bulb in the back of it, that twists out. Pull the control box, its easy to spot.

2. IIRC, Yes, pull the ash tray, and look up into where it was, I think you'll find an automotive lamp.

3. The indicator lights are there, but depending on your options, will/won't be present... On the LEFT side. On the right side, there are none. You either have a clock, or nothing. The "system sentinel" went there on XJ waggys.

4. Yes, the XJ console is a bolt in, just grab the brackets.

Rob L. :cheers:

1. Is there supposed to be light behind the heater controls?

2. How about light in the ashtray?

3. The indicator lights off to the side of the gauges,(where the clock would be) I've never seen them work. Do certain trim levels only have certain indicators? I have no clue what trim level I have, as I bought my MJ repainted, and debadged.

4. The big automatic center console from an XJ will bolt right in correct? I remember reading a post, just have to snag the floor brackets from the donor XJ is? I have a column shifting MJ with a bench, so I'm merely going to make either a cubby, blackout plate, or cup-holders to go in the place where the floor shifter would be in this console.

-Travis

1) YES

2) YES

3) What indicator lites? The turn indicators? Or the brake/404/4LO lites?

4) YES, just be sure you get the floor mounted brackets as well as the console itself. you will need to do some drilling...

CW

I also like adding the heating duct that runs the length of the console, it will bring some heat to the back, a good place to warm your hand.

The ashtray light wiring is there but most models didn't come with the light, also pickup the light for the cigar lighter (it lights up the green trim ring) and the kick panel lights if you don't already have them.