Still having brake issues

Are you bleeding them alone or do you have someone to help you?

If you are bleeding them alone what is your procedure? I use a kit from the auto store for about $5 it is basically tubing that goes over the bleeder that is connected to a bottle with a magnet on it you put higher than the valve. You then open the valve, pump the brakes a few times until the tubing fills up with fluid and you don't notice air bubbles anymore (air rises in the tubing to the bottle). You then close the bleeder before disconnecting the tubing from the bleeder.

It works great when you have to do it alone.

So i stopped by my mechanic today an he said to bleed a master without using bleeder hoses, to put your fingers on the wholes and pump the brakes until you get a steady flow. I guess he means to keep them there while pumping then let go when the pedal is pressed down, much like bleeding brakes. Just making sure this sounds right before i try it tomorrow

So i stopped by my mechanic today an he said to bleed a master without using bleeder hoses, to put your fingers on the wholes and pump the brakes until you get a steady flow. I guess he means to keep them there while pumping then let go when the pedal is pressed down, much like bleeding brakes. Just making sure this sounds right before i try it tomorrow

I've never heard of bleeding a master without looping lines from the outlets back into the reservoirs. Putting your fingers over the holes? That sounds to me like a great way to spray brake fluid all over the engine compartment.

How difficult can it be to take two short lengths of brake line and make up loops that run from each outlet up into the reservoir?