Can someone pull a CARFAX or similar report for me?

Unglar

Unglar, I sent you a private message. I hope the info helps.

Thank you, unfortunately it doesn't go back far enough. Does anyone know how far back those checks can go? I need to go back to the early 90's I think.

Thank you, unfortunately it doesn't go back far enough. Does anyone know how far back those checks can go? I need to go back to the early 90's I think.

x2

I picked up an 80 the other day and am wondering if there is a way to get the history on somethign that old.

x2

I picked up an 80 the other day and am wondering if there is a way to get the history on somethign that old.

1980 won't have a 17 digit vin, can't run it.

A lot of states have a title check built right into their website. You can run the VIN, and it shows limited info, but will show if there are any liens on the title, how many owners, rebuilt, or any history of water damage. Also shows the last time the title change hands. Good to know if they say that they've had it for a long time, and you suspect different. Here is the IL one:

http://www.ilsos.gov/regstatus/

Quick run of my ZJ shows 1 registered owner, not a rebuilt title, no lienholders, and title in 11.4.2008, when I bought it. 8)

Pretty decent for free, don't know how one states does checking an out of state VIN.

Rob L.