2.8-4.3 Flywheel

considering that the 4.3 is an internally balanced motor, with a completely different engine design, no...it won't.

a 3.4 flywheel also won't work, unless you go and have it balanced to meet the 2.8 flywheel specs exactly. on the 2.8 liters, the flywheel balances the engine.

Was thinking the 4.3 or the 3.4 would bolt up to the 2.8 bellhousing. Apparently it's the bell housing bolts up to the tranny. Got a '89 S10 with 2.8, Use it for plowing and grading. but the clutch doesn't hold up. Just looking for something heavier. Not worried about the balancing,Thats what machine shops are for.

Was thinking the 4.3 or the 3.4 would bolt up to the 2.8 bellhousing. Apparently it's the bell housing bolts up to the tranny. Got a '89 S10 with 2.8, Use it for plowing and grading. but the clutch doesn't hold up. Just looking for something heavier. Not worried about the balancing,Thats what machine shops are for.

the 4.3 liter is a 90 degree gm bellhousing, which is NOT the same as a 2.8 or 3.4. the 2.8/3.4 is a 60 degree gm bellhousing.

just because something uses a similar bellhousing does NOT say that the flywheel will work...and the 90 degree blocks aren't even close to workable with the 60 degree setup.

you want a stronger plower/grader? get rid of the ratty POS 2.8 in the s10, or swap in a 350. those are your options.

the 4.3 liter is a 90 degree gm bellhousing, which is NOT the same as a 2.8 or 3.4. the 2.8/3.4 is a 60 degree gm bellhousing.

just because something uses a similar bellhousing does NOT say that the flywheel will work...and the 90 degree blocks aren't even close to workable with the 60 degree setup.

you want a stronger plower/grader? get rid of the ratty POS 2.8 in the s10, or swap in a 350. those are your options.

That's pretty much the info I was looking for. Thanx JeepcoMJ. I do take umbrage with your comment on the 2.8. It is under powered, especially for what I was using it for. However I find it to be a very dependable, economical motor, other wise. As for the 350 swap. At one time I would have jumped at any excuse to do so. Now? Got several J20's sitting around. Just use one of them. Probably should have done that in the first place.

Too old we get to soon. Too smart we get to late. :rotf: