Jump to content

rad hose question?

Recommended Posts

I don't have a part number, but I've always just gone into the parts store and asked for a lower rad hose. They've always fixed me right up. As far as years go, I believe they're all the same 84-90 and beyond. Don't know too much about the years beyond 96.


You will hear that the earlier models have a spring in them to keep them from collapsing under suction stress. I have been to the dealership (two of them) and was told they don't make them like that anymore. If you're concerned about the spring, re-use your old one if possible. Just ask for a Gates or Goodyear hose. Buy the more expensive one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:popcorn: another idea is to get some two inch copper tubing and a few elbow fittings.


My dad did this one time when his hose blew and and he was not able to get a replacement. it is still in his truck now. double clamped four inch rubber tubbing at both end to allow for flexing. still going strong with no leaks for over six years now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...