project 4J/F

this is the project heep. my 87MJ named 4J/F in memory of my best friend who died this year.

current pics and description: 4.0, 2wd, D30 front, 8.25 rear, custom steering and track bar, custom front bumper, 8in lift.

plans:

D44front from waggy , lincoln locked, 5.13's

AMC 20 rear some locker, 5.13's

front axle moved foward 2-4in

put XJ lift springs in front to make 10in lift and 2in spacers added if rear is over 10in

add rustys 4in lift springs and move down to 1in lift blocks

put TJ fender flares on and trim to 1/5in lip

get AW4 with 231 attached from a cherroke

cage the rear but not overkill, and a low profile exocage over the cab and hood

run the exhaust system

fix the A/C and heater for comfortable wheeling

strengthen the unibody

build custom rear bumper and tow points

build custom 4 link up front

make 4or 5 point seat harnesses for driver and passenger while keeping the bucket seat

make shure the rear cage allows the tool box to stay in

get 15 or 16 in beadlocks and 38 or 39 in tires(irocks or maby a maxxis tire) ill get them slightly used to cut down on the cost some so i can't be shure of what tire ill be running.

i allready have the front 44 and I'm working on cleading it up and sometime soon ill go pull the rear ford 10.25 from the local pick and pull assuming a D80 doesnt show up before i get the 10.25.

progress pictures will popup when progress is made.

why would you look for a D80? there's no way you're gonna break a D70 or 14bolt with that size tire and drivetrain. also, 70s F250 fronts are already fullsize and 8 lug, and often very cheap. It would be a cheaper solution with better steering by not having the increased scrub radius of wheel spacers.

well i picked it up last weekend. needs the work that i allready knew of. not only needs a sensor replaced to be street ready.

this weekend I'm cutting up the front end of the frame and moving the steering box foward, extending the shaft from the box to the wheel. doing bracing on the frame where a section is being added to give it somemore strength. also gonna ditch the stock cast iron track bar mount and make one from 1/2in thick steel when it gets moved.

i have all the metal needed except for the pice to extent the steering shaft. gotta get that sometime before the weekend.

i havent decided on wether ill mig weld it or arc weld it. I'm pretty dang good at both so ill decide later this week.

i think I'm gonna get a full width 8lug 44 or 60 from a ford when one shows up at the local pick and pull instead of running the waggy 44. glad yall mentioned the steering issue on that.

i think i got a good deal on it (900$) considering it came with 1/4tread tsl's on rims that cost 800$ with their accesories and stock rims with brand new 30" bfg at's. i kinda bought tires and rims and the truck came with them, lol just a bonus to the project.