Death Wobble, The Saga Continues

i fixed the DW on the MJ by replacin the LCA as the bushings were shot and the arms themselves where "modified". the shimmy i have is on the TJ and fixed it for now by making the axle bushing on the track bar tighter. the track bar needs replaced but i'm hoping it will last until march when i buy my new lift. :cheers:

i fixed the DW on the MJ by replacin the LCA as the bushings were shot and the arms themselves where "modified". the shimmy i have is on the TJ and fixed it for now by making the axle bushing on the track bar tighter. the track bar needs replaced but i'm hoping it will last until march when i buy my new lift. :cheers:

I'm definately thinking LCA for my true DW, maybe its the same roots as the shimmy.

ive got all new steering from an XJ cause the PO was a jeep guy (hes over on NAXJA has a fairly serious 2x4>4x4 project sold this one to me cause "it was to clean for me to hack up and tube" :brows:) and he tried to solve DW the first time with new steering.

Try what, checking the caster? Of course. If the previous owner is known to have replaced parts, you have no way of knowing if he dropped all the shims that control caster into the mud. Too little caster is known to contribute to DW and it doesn't cost anything to check, so why would you NOT want to check it?

Try what, checking the caster? Of course. If the previous owner is known to have replaced parts, you have no way of knowing if he dropped all the shims that control caster into the mud. Too little caster is known to contribute to DW and it doesn't cost anything to check, so why would you NOT want to check it?

good point.

and its odd to read that US jeeps haev 10mm less wheelbase on one side than the other... on marcus' page at the bottom.