Hey Guys,

I took out my carpet about a month ago and low and behold I had a tad bit of rust, nothing that bad though. Grinded it out, primed it and sprayed a couple coats of Bedliner on er. I was planning on putting more on, but my interior was stripped and I hated watching her sit, so I put everything back in and shes on the road again. I've started to notice some rust coming through the Bedliner AGAIN... Should I try to strip the floor again and do something different this time? Input?

Thanks, :cheers: :cheers:

Regular spray-on truck bedliner tends to trap moisture, from what I've heard, and should only be used as a topcoat to protect the rust preventative coat that goes on underneath of it. POR-15 is good stuff, but very pricey and the only place I know where to find it is at http://www.por15.com/. I've used POR-15 on a number of different projects and the stuff is amazing. Dries ROCK hard and covers very well. It will quickly fade in the sunlight if you don't use a topcoat on it, though.

I just picked up some Valspar Tractor & Implement paint from my local Tractor Supply Co. store. I've heard nothing but positive results with the stuff and the price is right at $29.99 per gallon. Compare that to the cost of POR-15 at $143.00 per gallon!

Ive seen POR 15 at a few parts stores on the shelf, I think NAPA was one, call around and see if anybody has any, you can get it in pints and quarts too, or Eastwood sells it in their catalogs.... they have restoration tools and products... lots of good stuff, look them up. I think if I was planning on keeping it for a while, Id spend the extra and gfet the POR15.

I just picked up some Valspar Tractor & Implement paint from my local Tractor Supply Co. store. I've heard nothing but positive results with the stuff and the price is right at $29.99 per gallon. Compare that to the cost of POR-15 at $143.00 per gallon!

I painted my whole truck with that paint (See Avatar). So far so good, going on almost a year later. jamminz.gif