4.7HO in a Comanche or XJ?

A buddy of mine put a 4.7L HO into one of his MJs last year, the thing is wicked! Used a Dakota bell housing and bolted up the NV3550 with an NP242 behind it. The truck is such a blast to drive. He doesn't live real close to me anymore, but I'll try and get pics ASAP to show it off. The rest of the truck is kinda rough, it's a work in progress.

He needs to get his Race truck back together, it have a wicked stroker that he built up. Though it's running 2wd, I'll tell him we need to line the two up next to each other and make a few runs trading drivers out to see which one takes the cake.

My thing is that for the expense of building a quality stroker, to optimise it you need to do a large amount of custom work AND run high octane fuel. Reliability goes down. Versus the 4.7L HO. Motor can stay stock and more reliabe and still pump out more power. Not to mention it gets better fuel mileage. You still have to have custom stuff to install it but they are all accessories and mounts, not internals.

Just my thoughts. I love V8s and Strokers. A few years ago when I had to rebuild the motor in my 87, I was so stuck on which way to go (stroker or V8) that I said screw it and went with a stock motor...I hate myself for it sometimes but oh well!