Question on fuel sending unit

So recently my gas guage has been acting like a speedometer. When I hit the gas it pegs all the way up and then all the way down at idle. So I figured it was a fuel sending unit. I can't seem to find any fuel sending unit... Is it built into the fuel pump?

The fuel sending unit is mounted on the side of the sender unit, next to the pump, in the tank.

See picture -

It sounds like the resistor spring in the sending unit went bad on your, the problem is, there are no parts available for replacement :(

I believe that Mr. Hornbrod has a repair process for this, if he has, he might be kind enough to post it here for you :D

Wow thats not good. So there is no way to make the fuel guage work ever again? A new fuel pump doesn't come with a sending unit? I guess I will need to pull one at a junk yard with is near impossible.

Of course there's always a way. Have you crawled under yet to inspect the wiring going into the tank, check for good 12V power and ground, and/or pulled the sender/pump assembly out of the tank yet? It's not going to fix itself mate. :cheers: